Connecting to Wi-Fi on Windows 7
Windows Vista and 7
This guide is intended for the Windows community. It includes instructions for connecting a PC to the Wheelock-FacStaff network.
- Click on the wireless icon on your taskbar. Select Open Network and Sharing Center.
- Select Manage wireless networks.
- Click on Add.
- Select Manually create a network profile.
Network name: Wheelock-FacStaff
Security Type: WPA2-Enterprise
Encryption Type: AES
- Click Next.
- Select Change connection settings.
- Then go to the Security tab.
- Make sure that the Authentication Method is: Microsoft Protected EAP (PEAP) and click on Settings.
- Make sure the Validate server certificate is not checked.
- Make sure the Authentication Method is set to Secured Password (EAP-MSCHAP v2) and click on Configure.
- Make sure this box is not checked to automatically authenticate. Hit OK and OK again.
- Select Advanced settings.
- Make sure Specify authentication mode is checked. Select User authentication from the dropdown menu. Click Save credentials.
- Enter your Wheelock email username and then enter your password.
- Press OK, OK, and OK again. Select Close
If you have any problems connecting to wireless, please contact Helpdesk at 617-879-2309 or submit a support request.