Say Hello to Microsoft Office 365 for Education!
Office 365 Features
Email and Calendars
Cloud-based email and calendars powered by Microsoft Exchange Online using your domain name.
Rich online meetings with audio and video, desktop sharing, and virtual whiteboard.
Office Web Apps
Create and edit Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, and Microsoft OneNote documents using your favorite web browser.
Share files and documents with classmates. Create team, study group, or club sites (up to 300 sub sites).
Wheelock College is proud to present Office 365 for education—including email, instant messaging, group video and voice chat, and online document viewing and editing. With Office 365, you will now have two separate accounts:
1. Office 365 Account: This account will give you access to email, file sharing, instant messaging, and online meetings. You will sign in at www.outlook.com/my.wheelock.edu using the same user name and password to access all of these things.
- You will continue to use Microsoft Outlook Web App or Microsoft Outlook to view and send email from your school account.
- We will use Microsoft SharePoint Online for sharing files and Microsoft Office Web Apps for creating and reading documents.
- We will use Microsoft Lync Online for both instant messaging and online meetings.
2. Personal Microsoft Account: This personal account will give you access to all existing SkyDrive content, Messenger, and other Microsoft services. You will sign in at skydrive.live.com using the same user name and password that was used to access Live@edu.
Changing Your Password
Office 365: You will not see our logo, but Wheelock College still administers this account.You will continue to use the Wheelock password change form to change your password for Office 365.
SkyDrive: Wheelock College does not administer this account. As a result, we cannot reset the password for you. Use https://account.live.com/ResetPassword.aspx to reset the password for your personal account after the upgrade.
If you use Internet Explorer 7 or earlier, you will need to upgrade to a newer version of Internet Explorer.
If you use Microsoft Outlook to read your email and use Microsoft Office 2003 or earlier, you will need to upgrade to Outlook 2007 or Outlook 2010 to continue using Outlook.
For more information about the upgrade, see the Checklist for Users. If you have questions or need help, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.