Updating Student Wifi Password in Windows 8
Wheelock students are required to change their password every 90 days. This can be done using the Password Change Form. If you do not know your current password or you are unable to log in, you can use the Password Reset Form instead.
After changing your password, you will need to update the password in email and Wi-Fi settings on your phone, tablet, and computer.
The instructions on this page explain how to update the student Wi-Fi password on a Windows 8 machine. Instructions for faculty and staff can be found on the Faculty and Staff Password Information page. Student guides for other systems can be found in the box to the right.
- Open the Start screen.
- Start typing "Wireless" and the Search screen will automatically display.
- Click Settings on the right panel then Connect to a network on the left.
- The Networks pane will slide in from the right. Under Wi-Fi, right-click Wheelock-Students.
- Click Forget this network.
- Wheelock-Students should no longer show as connected. Click Wheelock-Students.
- Make sure Connect automatically is checked and click the Connect button.
- Enter your Wheelock username, omitting @my.wheelock.edu, and password.
- Click the Connect button.
- Your credentials will be verified.
- This shows that Wheelock-Students is connected.
If you have any problems updating your password, please contact Helpdesk at 617-879-2309 or submit a support request.