Updating Student Wifi Password in Windows 7
Wheelock students are required to change their password every 90 days. This can be done using the Password Change Form. If you do not know your current password or you are unable to log in, you can use the Password Reset Form instead.
After changing your password, you will need to update the password in email and Wi-Fi settings on your phone, tablet, and computer.
The instructions on this page explain how to update the student Wi-Fi password on a Windows 7 machine. Instructions for faculty and staff can be found on the Faculty and Staff Password Information page. Student guides for other systems can be found in the box to the right.
- Open the Start menu and click Control Panel.
- In the search bar on the top-right part of the window, type "wireless".
- Under Network and Sharing Center, click Manage wireless networks.
- Click Wheelock-Students then the Remove button.
- Click the Yes button to confirm you would like to remove the network.
- Wheelock-Students should be removed from the wireless network list.
- Click the the Wireless icon in the tray to bring up the available networks.
- Select Wheelock-Students and click the Connect button.
- A status window will briefly display.
- When prompted, enter your Wheelock username and password. Please omit @my.wheelock.edu from the user account. Click the OK button.
- Click the Connect button to finish the process.
- Click the Wireless icon in the tray to confirm the connection.
If you have any problems updating your password, please contact Helpdesk at 617-879-2309 or submit a support request.