Updating Your Wi-Fi Password in Mac OS X
Wheelock faculty and staff are required to change their password every 90 days. This can be done using the Password Change Form. If you do not know your current password or you are unable to log in, you can use the Password Reset Form instead.
After changing your password, you will need to update the password in email and Wi-Fi settings on your phone, tablet, and computer.
The instructions on this page explain how to update the faculty and staff Wi-Fi password on a Mac running version 10.7 and above (Lion, Mountain Lion, and Mavericks). Instructions for students can be found on the Student Password Information page. Faculty and staff guides for other systems can be found in the box to the right.
- Open the Wireless menu from the top of the screen.
- When the Network preference pane comes up, click the Advanced button.
- Click Wheelock-FacStaff then the "-" button. Click the OK button.
- Click Apply when the Advanced window closes.
- Click the Turn Wi-Fi Off button.
- Wait 10 seconds then click the Turn Wi-Fi On button.
- Click the Network Name drop down box and select Wheelock-FacStaff.
- Enter your Wheelock username and password when prompted. Do not include "@wheelock.edu".
- You should now be connected.
If you have any problems updating your password, please contact Helpdesk at 617-879-2309 or submit a support request.