Government & External Affairs, and Community Impact
Julie Bolduc DeFilippo, M.S.W.
Government & External Affairs and Community Outreach
Government & External Affairs, and Community Impact advances Wheelock's mission to improve the lives of children and families through strategic collaboration, communication, advocacy, scholarship, program development, policy and research.
Success is grounded in:
- Engagement within Wheelock and with community partners- leveraging a broad array of ideas, passion, and expertise
- Shared leadership - ensuring all partners are collaborators and co-owners of our work
- Commitment to access and equity - providing equal opportunity to social, educational, and professional success
Areas of Focus
- Government Affairs - The Policy Connection
- Center for Community Service and Civic Engagement
- Grants Coordination
- Institutional Diversity
- Broker and Nurture relationships.
- Seek and Engage strategic partners.
- Respond to and Influence policy issues aligned with the institutional mission.
- Identify and Coordinate public and private funding.
- Work with the President, leadership team members, faculty, staff, alumnae, students and community partners to achieve planned goals and objectives.
- Build effective collaborations.
- Engage all internal and external audiences to achieve success.
The creation of several programs—including the Policy Connection web pages, the Student Policy Fellows Program, the Wheelock College Political Caucus, Winter Policy Talks, and the Annual Community Dialogue on Early Education and Care—has enabled the College to increase its visibility, facilitate engagement, and build collaborative relationships to further the institution's mission.