Electronic Signage Guidelines for Staff
Need to get your department's message across campus? Take advantage of the 16 screens strategically placed around Wheelock's Boston and Brookline campuses, all displaying useful information 24 hours a day, 7 days a week in full color and high resolution.
We can help you put your event, campaign, or bulletin on screens located in the Campus Center, the Dining Hall, residence halls, Hawes, the Library, the Activities building, and Wheelock Family Theatre where students, faculty, staff, and visitors pass through every day.
Digital signage is an easy way to get your message visually in front of the campus community. You can design your own content using our guidelines, or submit the requisite information and we'll design it for you.
The Marketing team can design signage based on content you deliver. The process is much faster and easier if you can keep a few requirements in mind when you deliver your content. Below are lists of what we need from you to create three different types of signage: One-Off Events, Notifications/Bulletins, and Special Occasions. (Download a printable version of these Signage Requirements.)
Please submit these materials by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Event (One-Off, Multiple Listings, Ongoing)
Best Practices for Creating Signage
Here are some helpful guidelines for designing flyers and imagery that can be effectively used directly on digital signage. Remember that digital signage at Wheelock College exists in a variety of locations on campus. Viewers see each screen from slightly different angles and from different distances. (This guide was adapted from University of Michigan's Digital Sign Best Practices.)
- Student Organization Event
- Movie Screening
- Info Sessions
- High Resolution Image or Photo (300dpi is ideal)
- Title of Event
- Subtitle, slogan, or tagline; max 140 characters
- Date, time, and location of event
- Brief description; max 50 words
- Link to more information (web URL)
- Date range to run promotion (e.g. 11/13/12 to date of event)
- Website Launch
- Services Offered
- News Items
- Weather or Safety Alert
- Follow us on [your new Social Media page]
- Honoring/recognizing student achievement
- High Resolution Image if available
- If not available, please give suggestions for imagery
- Subtitle (Additional detail), under 140 characters
- Brief description (max 50 words)
- Link to more information (web url); Phone number or email address to contact
- Date range to run notification
- Urgency - How urgent is this message
Do you have an event or reason where you think you'll need use of the complete screen? For events such as Fall Open House, Commencement, and Orientation, we can interrupt the "regularly scheduled programming" with content geared towards a special audience. Please contact the Marketing Department so we can discuss how best we can support your event.
Please submit your request, materials, or any questions you have to email@example.com. We look forward to working with you.