Learning Solutions creates customized, student-centered opportunities. Our programs are as unique as the students we serve.
Current Learning Solutions Programs Include:
- The Boston Public Schools Teaching All Learners Pilot Program - This yearlong, school-wide professional development program includes all staff and employs a competency-based approach.
- The STEM Activity App - A web app delivering engaging STEM activities to families, teachers, and students across the country.
- Science Inquiry for Out-Of-School-Time Professionals - An online course supporting youth development staff looking to enhance their knowledge in science and science inquiry teaching methods.
- The STEM Teacher Enhancement Project - Launched with funding from NASA, this project generated eight graduate-level online professional development courses for elementary teachers.
What Makes Us Unique?
We Believe in Craftsmanship, Not Cookie-Cutters. Each Learning Solutions project matches content and delivery mechanisms to the diverse needs of our learners. Our STEM Activity App delivers bite-sized content to busy families, the Science Inquiry Course creates an online community for out-of-school-time professionals, and the Teaching All Learners program immerses a full school staff in year-long, hybrid professional development. Our program designs incorporate a blend of online, in-class, peer inquiry, coaching & mentoring, and mobile technology into their learning models.
Our Partnerships Bridge Theory and Practice. Our projects are research-based and collaborative. We work closely with partners throughout the design, pilot, and launch of each program, incorporating frequent feedback at each stage of the work.
Our Design Process Generates Customized Programs. Each Learning Solutions project follows proven design steps:
- Partner Research - Collecting and analyzing qualitative and quantitative information to determine the unique needs of the program group.
- Prototyping - Brainstorming and reviewing program models to test design and functionality.
- Piloting and Refinement - Selecting, testing, and refining a prototype.
- Program Launch - Offering new program to a small group of users.
- Program Review - Analyzing program results to further improve program model.
Partner Agencies and Schools
- Massachusetts Department of Public Health
- The Discovery Museums
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration
- Boston Public Schools
- Sarah Greenwood School (Dorchester, MA)
- Higginson School (Roxbury, MA)
- Sacred Heart Elementary School (Roslindale, MA)
- Saint Columbkille School (Brighton, MA)
- Mission Hill School (Jamaica Plain, MA)
Images courtesy of Barrett Discovery Elementary School and Argonne National Laboratory and used under Creative Commons license.